Water Ways Baja systems eliminate dangerous pathogens and provide total control of the water quality throughout your home or business.
The water plumbed throughout your home is likely to contain parasites, bacteria, pesticides and viruses. You can't afford to be careless. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency reports that 90 percent of the world’s water is contaminated in some way and viruses are found in drinking water all over the world. Many pathogens are waterborne – meaning they live and are disseminated through our water sources.
In 2004-2005 Niparaja AC, a local non-profit, conducted a study of the water quality in 500 potable water wells in the state of Baja California Sur (BCS), Mexico. They determined that 42% of the wells have fecal contamination during the dry season, and 100% during the rainy season. Fecal contamination propagates waterborne diseases such as diarrhea, hepatitis and cholera, among others. It is also a manner in which viruses are transmitted.
Most of our community's water comes from wells.
Even the water you buy in bottles or refillable garafons at the store is likely to contain contaminants. This water is typically treated by reverse osmosis, which strips it of naturally occurring elements and minerals in the purification process. With our systems you enjoy the benefits of all the healthy minerals in whole natural water, without the strain of lugging heavy jugs of water.
What's more, there are many lifestyle benefits:
- Our systems deliver with the high steady pressure you expect in modern homes.
- With our total-home systems you can brush your teeth in the shower again!
- You won't need harsh cleaners to remove destructive mineral scale from around fixtures.
- Our anti-scale technology protects your faucets, kitchenware and appliances so they last longer.
- Your laundry will be cleaner, whites will be whiter.
- You can taste the difference that clean, mineral-rich water makes.
- The water through your system is good for you inside and out. Your skin and hair will be softer.
- It's good for the environment. Installing a water system in your home reduces the use of single use plastic.
As a health practitioner both living and working as an acupuncturist here in Todos Santos, I am frequently asked how people can change their living conditions here to improve and maintain their health. One of the most common issues I see here are gastrointestinal problems. Having your own clean water system drastically reduces the incidences of GI disturbances. Less skin rashes, smoother hair and skin and less problems with kidney and gallstones and bone spurs.
Barbara Elsner L.Ac. Dipl.OM